Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For the FIETU group, we have an open position for an all-around mechanical expert with strong technical and communicative focus.
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialisation of a future project product, as well as running business activities. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem solving team.
You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project.
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the centre of competence. In our state-of-art testing centre we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection, Turbocharger & EGR system), Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thanks to strong organisation skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.