Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Great opportunity at a great company! Are you the IT specialist that we are looking for? Are you familiar with networking (routing and switching), VPN, Wireshark, Tcpdump, Firewalls? Do you have virtualisation knowledge with VMware and do you have programming skills and experience in C++, Python, C#, PHP/HTML? You should get in touch with us to talk about this opportunity.
Reporting to the head of engineering, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development life-cycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products. Your focus will be on the IT side of the projects we do: designing, implementing and supporting.
- Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development.
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Is responsible for the realisation of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
- Supports the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyses potential malfunctions.
- Identifies and defines technical requirements for realising alternative applications.Evaluates different build in concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Ensures observance of specifications.
Our client is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by their automation technology. One of the latest developments is fully automated harbour cranes. The first fully automated terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
- Attractive base salary
- Excellent secondary benefits
- Holiday payment
- 25 holidays + 13 ADV days (or a project allowance to compensate)
- Personal development and growth opportunities
- Degree in (Technical) Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Thorough experience in the use of computers in industrial/technical applications
- 5 -10 years relevant industrial experience
- Networking: Routing and switching knowledge/Managed switches/VPN/Wireshark/Tcpdump/Firewall
- Operating System: Windows Server
- Virtualisation Knowledge: VMware
- Programming experience (C++, Python, C#, PHP/HTML)
- Troubleshooting skills: Root cause analysis / Performance tuning and monitoring
- Experience with: Domain Controllers and Cloud computing.
- Interested in / Affinity with cyber security.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation (such as requirements, design and testing procedures)
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Highly motivated, good organisational skills, excellent communication skills
- Experience interfacing software with hardware devices such as GPS receivers, PLC’s and RIO, cameras, DAQ
- Working within a strict quality management system
- Commissioning and troubleshooting site installations
- Experience with: deploying Active directory and WSUS
Candidate needs to be willing to travel to international customers. It will be approx 2 or 3 periods of 4 weeks in one year. It's important that you have an EU passport to make travelling between the countries more easy.