Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have a broad interest in technology and do you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for our versatile customers? Then this job of Hardware Designer is the right one for you. A job in which you fulfil an intermediary function between the company and the customer and where you find great diversity in the customers and products that we develop for our customers. Are you looking for a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, various career opportunities? We develop innovative products that lead to satisfied customers in the following sectors: Semiconductor, Automotive, Medical, Industry.
As a Hardware Designer you will be part of the Design and Engineering group and within the Embedded Systems department. You will be (co-)responsible for the electronics part and the embedded software and/or hardware solutions that we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers.
In this position you work in project teams together with colleagues from our other disciplines such as: System Architecture, Electromechanics and Mechanics.
Your tasks also include:
- (partly) design documents;
- the development of embedded software and/or hardware according to specifications;
- identifying and possibly implementing product (production) improvement proposals;
- maintaining contacts with relevant suppliers;
- being and remaining aware of these, development tools and working methods;
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards;
- participating in (multi-site) project teams;
- assisting with the production of the developed products, especially the test tooling;
- completion of assigned work in accordance with the planning;
- maintaining contacts with customers;
- having access to the most recent knowledge in our own field of expertise and updating this further where necessary in order to apply it adequately.
Our client is an international organisation specialised in the development of high-quality industrial electronic applications. They of both electronic components and complete box-build electronic control systems. The company is mostly active in the automotive industry, medical industry, defence industry, industrial market and semiconductor industry.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and continue to ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both hardware and software for embedded systems design. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team but you are also able to fulfil your function independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimal and accurate as possible.
Furthermore, we ask:
- a completed Bachelor/Master in electronics or similar;
- experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards;
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF; Knowledge of HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner);
- knowledge of SW development tools (e.g. IAR, Keil, Eclipse); Knowledge of – and experience with programming languages, e.g. C/C++, Java, VB.net;
- good knowledge of and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to perform work on location of our clients.