Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The Manufacturing Development Engineer will support the growth strategy by designing and developing manufacturing tools and processes for the industry of tomorrow. You will design and develop innovative tooling and automation processes and then transfer them into serial production within the global Industrial plants and their supply chains while collaborating closely and proactively with product engineering, manufacturing engineering, tool and model shops. You will be an expert in molding/die tooling, stamping, plating or assembly with a deep knowledge about methods/tools. Additionally, you will support product engineering from the very early project phases and will be accountable for achieving excellent cost positions, short cycle times (samples and mass production) and product quality. You will make a strong impact in LEAN-PD driven new product development projects; driving for excellence and high-level manufacturing technology processes while providing technical advice to both the product and tooling teams. You will act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface.
- Ownership for design and production of production tooling and automation / manufacturing processes for complex new product development projects (working according to LEAN-PD and part of the project teams).
- Design dies and mold tooling, as well as manual or automated assembly processes to produce and deliver cost-efficient innovative products.
- Design and specify own internal tools as well as control design and deliveries from external suppliers.
- Collaborate very closely with product engineering by supporting in concept and design reviews with quick responses. This to include DFMEA participation, feedback on
- manufacturability, DTCA (cost estimations) and evaluation of options at critical decision points.
- Act as the interface to Manufacturing Engineering (ME) and production plants, you will be responsible for processing internal/external tool offers in collaboration with ME.
- · Provide value stream maps for NPD projects and act as interface to total supply chain.
- Explore new tooling technologies, set up training plans and tooling technology roadmaps as needed for the upcoming projects, strategically aligned with all regions.
- Responsible for the tool approval process (TAR, FAAR) and execution of PFMEAs
- Provide manufacturing feasibility studies (inclusive of product cost and capital equipment estimates) in the early stages of new product development.
- Be responsible for deliveries of samples and prototypes, advise on tool improvements and changes.
- On-time launch new products – on-time SOP.
- Lead tooling projects from G0 to G5.
- Be responsible for the transfer to manufacturing plant at G5 (including the handshake with the Manufacturing Plant / Outside Vendor).
- Manage projects related to implementing new tooling concepts into Plants (rolling out the latest concepts to the Manufacturing Engineering teams).
- Work with the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to review and advise upon changes that will improve cost and quality of new product introductions.
- Investigate and recommend techniques that can be employed in the new product development process to help both the product engineer and tooling designer to provide parts right first time.
- Work to create generic tool specifications across the organisation and drive continuous improvement ideas to improve processes including tooling lead-time.
Our client is an international manufacturing company.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Design experience within a Manufacturing Development Engineering environment combined with fundamental project management responsibilities
- Experiences in Manufacturing Engineering and Production in general are an additional advantage (7 - 10 years)
- Proven tooling (molds/dies) / assembly equipment design experience and successes
- Fully acquainted with related computer and common software, including engineering software
- Proven skills in a product development environment
- Ability to manage own projects with excellent teamwork and collaboration in complex, global product development projects
Particular Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to understand and work out complex technical solutions
- Clear strategic but innovative thinker
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Capable of creative, analytical and structured thinking with the ability to execute
- Possess the maturity, technical competence and natural authority to look after technical interests with minimal supervision
Key Personal Attributes:
- Execution-oriented with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation. Flexibility to develop strong relationships with multiple departments in a large, matrix organisation
- Culturally sensitive and a team player
- Dynamic and high energy, able to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ethics and integrity
- Fluent English language skills