Secondment via YER
High Tech, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Architect role and a Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering?
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines?
Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve technical breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive?
Are you able to translate functional specs into hardware concepts? Are you familiar with manufacturing and service flows and can you determine efficient tooling concepts?
If so, then the job of Architect Mechatronics/Mechanical at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Your mission as an ASML Mechanical Architect is to think – conceptually and creatively.
Because we need people who can translate extremely exotic requirements into extremely feasible mechanical designs.
Creative thinking has always been essential at ASML. We make machines that are almost unimaginably complex, and work within incredibly minute tolerances. What’s more, their complexity is increasing and their tolerance margins are vanishing. That’s why we need Mechanical Architects who can conceive a global view that answers all of these technical challenges. A view that, when detailed-out, will help realise a machine that meets all of the next wave of new requirements - and still be feasible to manufacture, transport, install and service.
The core mission of this job is to deliver mechanical/mechatronic architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new tooling.
- Creation and investigation of mechanics/mechatronics concept design for tooling. Discuss with projects and sectors. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Investigate manufacturability and serviceability. Creation of manufacturing and service flow leading to tooling concept. Validate with RAMS specifications.
- Validate concept on requirements regarding transport ability and service at customer site.
- Definition of tooling volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team.
- Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechatronics competence within the department Development & Engineering.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules.
- Covering all aspects like layout, manufacturing ability, serviceability, transport ability, install, performance, etc...
- Familiar with FEM and related development tools.
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, flow control and static design is a pre.
- Familiar with NX (or other 3D design tool).