Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an experienced automotive functional safety engineer with knowledge about the ISO 26262? And would you like to support DAF to lift the safety of their newest development to the next level? Then this is your ideal position!
The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible to define and design the Functional Safety Concept of different vehicle functions (cabin-, powertrain-, and chassis-related) according to ISO26262, captured in separate deliverables (Item Definition, HARA, Functional Safety Concept).
Your main tasks will be to design the Safety Concept together with the function designers. You actively gather stakeholder requirements, perform analyses, define and document the design. You are a strong analytical thinker with practical experience and the ability to see the bigger picture. Also, you will develop a vision and strategy w.r.t. Functional Safety tools and processes within the department and develop, maintain and share knowledge and know-how, keeping pace with both internal and external (innovative) developments.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These functions are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
We are looking for a Functional Safety Engineer with the following experiences and skills:
- BSc or MSc background in a technical area
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience within the automotive functional safety domain
- Knowledge of the processes described in the ISO26262
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and IBM Doors Requirements Management Tool or similar
- Easily and actively approaches different stakeholders and be the connecting element
- Strong analytical mind and interpersonal skills
- Be able to do in-depth analyses while maintaining a high level overview
- Can fluently speak and write English (and preferably Dutch)