Secondment via YER
Aviation, Agriculture, Automotive
Over deze vacature
We are looking for a candidate who is a proactive team player for this challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus.
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project product, as well as running business activities. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem-solving team.
You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals
- Proactively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones
- Report status and progress of multiple KPI’s, towards management
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In their state-of-art engine development centre they develop engine families for the future regulations. Their engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers. As a globally working company they offer optimal opportunities to contribute to their success in a multicultural team.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master's degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem-solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and problem-solving skills