• Maintain and improve the security posture of the Azure platform, identifying, and remediating vulnerabilities
by using a variety of security tools.
• Provide cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security
solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks.
• Implement and configure security controls and policies, manage access to data, and monitor threats to
ensure that apps, containers, infrastructure, and networks are protected.
• Implementing threat protection and responding to security incident escalations.
• Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support using
• Configure access within a cloud solution environment using the defense-in-depth principle
• Configure network security including in a hybrid context with traditional network centric controls
• Ensure data protection
• Manage operations within a cloud solution environment such as operations tasks, using cloud native tools,
like Log Analytics, Azure Monitor and Azure Security Center or other monitoring tooling.
• Support our cloud engineers to implement security best-practices and enable secure development and
• Ensure compliance
• Deliver/update documentation (e.g. operational tasks) on CCoE wiki.
• Be part of a multidisciplinary DevOps team which takes ownership of both new development and operational
Bachelor’s/master’s degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
• Understand agile and DevOps concepts in a security context such as “trust but verify”, central vs decentral
controls, make agile teams as autonomous as possible while ensuring the teams adhere to the NonFunctional-Requirements.
• Proven experience with Azure.
• A deep understanding of networking, e.g. IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall,
ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS.
• A deep understanding of configuring security policies and securing applications and data.
• Strong familiarity with cloud capabilities and products and services for Azure, e.g. Azure Active Directory,
Privileged Identity Management, VMs, Container Registry, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Data
• Strong familiarity with cloud native tools in Azure, e.g. Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Security Center.
• Strong skills in scripting and automation, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and using CI/CD concepts.
• Experience with pipeline tooling for automated deployments and applying security controls. Experience with
Azure DevOps Pipelines is preferred but also other tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Buildkite are a pre.
• Experience with infrastructure orchestration (IaC) tools such as Terraform and other cloud-specific
infrastructure automation tools (Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager) to automate
the creation of staging, testing and production environments.
• Experience with configuration management / desired state automation / compliance tools such as Ansible,
Inspec, Azure Policy, Google Forseti, Puppet, to configure, monitor and automatically enforce security controls where needed to ensure compliancy.
• Proficient in Linux system design, automation, and operation.
• Understand the concepts of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to maximize automation, reduce waste,
increase scale and apply systemic thinking is a pre.
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a pre.
• Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers.
• Security certifications such as Azure Security Engineer Associate or GCP Professional Cloud Security
Engineer are explicitly very beneficial. Also industry certifications are considered as beneficial e.g., CISSP,
CSSP, CCSK, GIAC, CEH …
Clear passion for cloud security, cloud technologies and SecDevOps.
• Have the intrinsic quality to want to continuously improve and do better
• Hands-on and can-do mentality
• Feeling of ownership
• Good communication and presentation skills (in English).
• Team player.
• Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
• Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
• Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision