Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Our Worldwide Operations organization is responsible for Component and System Manufacturing (Production), Product Engineering, Global Materials & Logistics, Global Sourcing & Supplier Management, and Document Control.
At our site in Eindhoven we develop and produce our high end Transmission Microscopes. It takes a year to get our high end systems build and tested before we can ship our tools to our customers. Most of these tools are customer ordered non standard requests. In this role as NPI planner you will be part of our planning team that consists of 12 employees. This team is divided into Systems and Modules (manufacturing) and a New product introduction planning team. Our Logistics department employs approximately pro 55 people in total. The NPI planning team operates project oriented. This means the NPI planner takes care of the supply chain planning of new developments from proto to production phase. An NPI planner works on average on 4-5 projects. 2 of these are bigger projects with exposure and 3 smaller module projects. You will manage the complete supply chain planning from R&D phase to coop with external suppliers and change management engineering. This role will have a broad visibility in our organization and works with stakeholders on all levels within our internal and external organization. You will be a Spider in the web between our R&D and manufacturing facility. The challenge is to manage lowest costs with the highest efficiency and highest service level. It’s a Complex supply chain planning and process. As an NPI planner you’ll need to work structured and thorough to get our supply chain arranged. Nevertheless it can be challenging due to the fast and highly dynamic environment since we prototype on already existing manufacturing platforms, with complex non standard requests.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
· Represent logistics operation within the R&D development projects
· Ensure parts availability for assigned projects or locations( based on assigned project/ proto)
· Set individual parts stocking strategies to ensure FEI part availability commitments
· Take part in the R&D Projects to ensure Bill of materials that are created are set up so they can be executed in a production environment.
· Monthly report out on progress on projects
· Notify stakeholders of projects of potential supply chain risks
· Project management consisting of problem-analysis, solution design, implementation, communication and training
· Hands on implementation of improvements and changes,
· Advise logistics management on leverage points for improvements and other issues
· Training of the other logistic employees with regard to logistics improvements and new products.
· Work with Engineering and R&D during phase in/out for products to minimize scrap
· Implement changes on proto products into QAD and follow up on communication with supplier
· Implementation of inventory control and forecasting techniques in order to reduce inventory and transportation costs
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities with a personal coach
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree and 2-8 years of experience, or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrate the required skills practical
- Practical approach and can think in processes.
- Open minded, hands-on, analytical and results driven
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems (ERP, CRM) is required
- Familiarity with international shipment rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required as this position works with cross functional teams and external vendors alike
- Must possess excellent skills with Microsoft Office and like software products for reporting, analysis and project management (i.e., Project, Word,Excel, Power Point)