High Tech Campus, Eindhoven
Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
The team that our client want to strengthen is the Process Automation Squad. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining automation products and solutions for other IT squads and end-users, like:
- SLAM: In-house developed ServiceNow/Ansible-based solution to centrally manage licence servers for the design environment. Testing and deployment of the solution is fully automated in a GitLab CI/CD pipeline.
- DevOps Platform: Solution to support other teams and squads in the “DevOps journey”, based on Ansible and GitLab. We do this by providing a standardized Ansible-platform as a service for all automation initiatives, with code version control and CI/CD integration to do automated deployments and guarantee code quality.
- RAM: In-house developed ServiceNow/Ansible-based solution to manage rules and access to R&D project accounts (group management). Testing and deployment of the solution is fully automated in a GitLab CI/CD pipeline.
Our client is extending their DOPE platform and RAM to the security domains. Therefore, we're looking for some candidates to strengthen the team. Candidates with a background and experience in secure IT infrastructure domains have a preference.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer/consultant with the following characteristics:
- You are a technical, creative, analytical and open-minded hacker that is eager to learn and not afraid to take initiative.
- Your favourite t-shirt has “Linux” or “Open Source” printed on it at least once.
- You have great solution design skills which you use to explain planned and already developed solutions to a variety of stakeholders (business users, management and IT colleagues).
- DevOps mindset: You are a team-player that is eager to develop and maintain cool products to automate/optimize processes in a complex IT infrastructure.
- T-shaped skill set: You are specialized in one or more fields, but also are cross-skilled with broad experience and knowledge to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas than your own.
- You have great English communication skills, both verbally as in writing.
Other competences we value, but are not strictly mandatory:
- Experience with agile development methods, like Scrum, and are convinced of its power to deliver products with immense (business) value.
- “Security” is your middle name, and you are always challenging yourself and your colleagues to design and develop new solutions as security tight as possible.
- Is a master in automation and orchestration with tools like Ansible Tower (or comparable), and feel comfortable with developing new modules in Python.
- It would be awesome if you are already a true Yoda when it comes to code version control and branching strategies with Git, and preferably have worked with GitLab before.
- Experience with automated testing in a CI/CD pipeline with Ansible, Python and tools like Selenium.
- Experienced in setting-up and administering Jira environments for issue tracking and collaboration.
- An enthusiast on cloud platforms like AWS.
- An enthusiast on container solutions like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with ServiceNow development.
- Experience with dash boarding and monitoring solutions like Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus.
YER Technology offers you the opportunity to work at the most prominent and innovative organisations in the Netherlands. We are a high-level sparring partner that can give your career the boost it needs! You will be employed by YER and work at one of our clients.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our High Tech client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Our client offer:
- An energetic team, which is and wants to remain a front-runner in IT Process Automation initiatives.
- A team that is a big ambassador for Scrum and DevOps way of working within the organization.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other teams on other cool initiatives like data analytics, cloud computing and auto-scaling.
- In consultation with the team flexibility in working hours and location.
- Continuous development of yourself as an individual with coaching, experiments and room for failure.
- An inspiring work environment on the High-Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
- Challenge: Share your coding projects and your personality type (https://www.16personalities.com) with us