Contract with Client
About this vacancy
Wabtec Netherlands designs and manufactures products that ensure safe and reliable operation of railway systems and high-end automated warehouses around the globe.
For Wabtec Netherlands in Ede, we are recruiting for an experienced Assembly Manager. In this Management position, you will be leading a team of 60 (manual) assembly employees from junior to senior skill level. Are you an experienced leader and open for a new opportunity? Then we are looking for you!
- Leading a team of 60 (manual) assembly, from junior to senior skill level;
- Multicultural team with (Eastern) European line leaders;
- Assembly of (fine) mechanical products (mainly relays and panel indicators) in a high mix, low volume;
- Assembly takes place in a clean room environment.
- Continuation of professionalization programme;
- Implementing business parameters in assembly processes;
- Further implementation of automation and IT on the assembly floor;
- Leadership development;
- High quality in clean-room environment;
- Close cooperation with engineering- and supply chain colleagues for daily delivery and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Member of the Operational Management team of Wabtec Netherlands
- Regular contact with global peers in the business unit.
In this position, you will be reporting to the Operations Director of Wabtec Netherlands.
Wabtec Corporation is a fortune 500 Company and a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
Wabtec Netherlands in Ede is the new merger organization from which various industrial products and services are delivered under three renowned brand names.
- Akapp-Stemmann; design, manufacturing and service of single & multipole, open & closed conductor rail systems for applications in cranes, automated warehouses and other markets.
- Mors Smitt, World leader relay technology in Rail and Power grid market. Key player in train-borne Energy Efficiency Solutions and Portable Test Equipment.
- Stemmann-Technik, leading in the field of energy and data transfer components and systems in industrial and transport technology.
More than 240 colleagues daily serve an international customer group by producing industrial products and supplying various professional services.
The former companies Akapp-Stemmann BV, Mors Smitt BV and Stemmann-Technik Nederland BV are part of Wabtec Netherlands BV.
Wabtec is committed to empowering employees to achieve their professional goals, because their employees’ goals matter to them. They encourage continuous learning and growth, and they develop their people through hands-on experience. They help them “learn by doing,” encourage people to get out of their comfort zones and try new things.
As a global company, operating in 50 countries, career opportunities are boundless. Their marketplace and workplaces span the globe. Traveling the world and working with global customers from diverse cultures often results in eye-opening and life-changing experiences that broaden your perspectives and your skills. Wabtec is a great place to work for people with ambitions to succeed at a global level.
In addition to a very good salary, Wabtec offers you:
- Working directly towards the strategic initiatives;
- Member of the Operational Management team of Wabtec Netherlands;
- Working directly together with the Operations Director;
- At Wabtec, they are in the business of realizing potential – that of the transportation industry, and yours!;
- A high-energy work environment with a hands-on and can-do mentality;
- A good remuneration package;
- An career in an international environment;
- A key role with added value.
- Bachelor working level;
- 10 years of working experience in an operational environment with 5 years of leadership of (manual) assembly teams in a high quality and industrial environment;
- Process oriented and well organised;
- Experience with organisational development in assembly teams;
- Excellent English language ability;
- German or Polish language ability is a big plus;
- Experience with LEAN.