Max. € 90,000 year
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
You will manage the Supply Chain department within Industrial Operations. Coordinate activities to achieve and control the production plan, material flow, purchasing activities of services and materials. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager takes care that the organization import and export technology, including shipping and receiving of goods, according the law and Teledyne Trade Compliance procedures and guidelines. The activities are focused on achieving the by management set goals and targets.
Because of the fact that they work with different ERP-systems, on corporate level our client decided to implement SAP the coming period. The current Supply Chain Manager will join this SAP-implementation team. Therefore, our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager.
Management of department
The aim is to equip subordinates with the skills, tools and environment they need to get their jobs done in the most efficient manner, in service of the organization's goals.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- The most important task is to give direction to the (independent) team.
- Is managing the Supply Chain department focused on order deliveries, production planning, warehouse control, purchasing, shipment and receiving of goods.
- Embedded trade compliance procedures in the organization and takes care that the organization is acting accordingly.
- Responsible for generating the production plan based on the sales forecast in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, Materials Planner, Production Planner and the Product Engineering Manager regarding.
- Maintains contact with suppliers\/sub-contractors and make arrangements on pricing, packaging, order processing, transport and delivery performance. The performance of key suppliers is evaluated according to the Supplier Rating procedure. The aim is to improve the performance of the supplier and increase the efficiency of the total supply chain.
- Maintains contacts with internal customers and key sales accounts regarding specific agreements such as VMI/Consignment inventory, delivery performance, etc.
- Daily contact with the Marketing & Sales department regarding the implementation of the production plan and delivering orders.
- Coordinate and align with abroad X-ray organization of production, deliveries, stocks and capacities.
- Determines, in consultation with the Industrial Operations Director, the key performance indicators (KPIs) to be measured and provides adequate reports.
- Set (annual) goals and targets concerning delivery performance, stock positions, work in progress, order lead-time and supplier performance including plan and actions to achieve.
- Advises Marketing & Sales in allocation situations.
Our client is a specialist in designing, fabrication and selling X-ray detectors for different applications in f.e. the medical industry and consists of 150 employees. The Supply Chain department consists of 10 people (warehouse, logistics, material planning, trade (im-export)).
This position is for longer term. After the period of secondary by YER it is possible to transform to a contract of our client. Our client has working conditions like 27 holidays, 13 ATV and an extra month payment (13e maand).
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management.
- At least 10 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Has knowledge of the quality system ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- Broad technical and managerial experience and excellent communications skills and the ability to encourage and motivate people.
- An understanding of setting up & negotiating contract terms.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt a strategic long-term view & approach.
- Is willing to travel 10%.