Max. € 35.000
Secondment via YER
Transportation & Logistics, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
You will work in a project team within one of the engineering departments where system integration, electrical design and automation are provided for construction projects and system upgrades. From location at the customer or the home base at the client, you are involved in new construction projects, service and refit projects in yacht building. In the project team, you work together with a support employee, engineers, a technical coordinator and project managers.
Once you are made familiar with the company and the programs, you are responsible for calculations and designs of electro technical installations. At first, this will be under supervision of an experienced engineer. You will report to the engineering manager and work a lot with colleagues in engineering, production and project management.
- Designing of e.g. lightning systems/demotics, electrical propulsion mechanism as well as electrical integration of all systems on board of ships
- Substantiate designs with calculations and ensures that these can be tested by inspection organizations
- Making specifications for materials and components to be used
- Taking care of the elaboration of designs in drawings and technical specifications
- Providing technical support for the production, installation and transfer of delivered equipment and systems to the customer
Our client has been a leading name in the field of system integration for years and is constantly moving forward with the development of electrical and automation systems in the maritime sector. The work is done mainly on the location at clients and from the head office in Schiedam where the engineering department consists of hard- & software engineers, system engineers, technical coordinators and project managers. You will work in a varied team; from young engineers to experienced specialists, both men and women.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- 8% holiday allowance
- 25 holidays + 13 ADV days
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of room for career opportunities
- A completed secondary vocational education in electrical engineering, or a similar education
- Experience with the design of electrical installations, from education or work experience
- Affinity with maritime electrical engineering and willing to take steps towards engineering
- Knowledge and experience with Eplan, or willing to learn
- Structural and precise worker
- Good communications both in writing and verbally in English (knowledge of Dutch is an advantage)