Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER
Manufacturing, High Tech
About this vacancy
We are looking for an experienced Engine Performance Calibration Engineer for DAF Trucks who will calibrate and validate their best-in-class engines for optimal performance.
As Engine Performance Calibration Engineer you are part of a team that calibrates our engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
- Develop heavy-duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration
- Performance validation of new proto engines
- Analyze and solve deviations
- Monitor spread
- Deliver feedback for improvements
- Take part in one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to create optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several different projects
- As an Engine Performance Calibration Engineer you report to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Calibration team.
DAF Trucks is a technology company and Europe's premier commercial vehicle manufacturer. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in designing and manufacturing premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology as well as distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for heavy-duty diesel engine development within PACCAR. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers.
Within the engine development department, the System Calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of newly developed engines.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career, including perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holiday days per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
We are looking for people with the technical skills:
- Master's degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy-duty truck engines
- Data acquisition
- Data analytics
- ATI / Inca
- Experience on heavy-duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Matlab experience (modeling and scripting) is a pre
- Knowledge of statistics
We are looking for people with the following competences:
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and Dutch skills are preferred