€ 60,000 - € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
The Quality function exists to ensure that quality standards for component /sub-assembly/product are adhered to throughout the manufacturing process, including in the supplier base. Responsibility for effectively and efficiently supporting both project and standard product-engineering and -manufacturing teams in the areas of Product Statutory, Regulatory Compliance, Product Quality, and Reliability. It is imperative that supplied goods are up to the correct quality-standard, as well as making sure that our internal processes do not pass on bad quality down the manufacturing line, to ultimately reduce the level of quality towards the customer.
The Customer Quality Engineer is the primary contact for customers concerning product-quality related matters such as product returns, complaints, requests for (additional) product data, concerns, audit requests and general questions.
- Contributing to secure and improve the quality management system
- Leading by example on good documentation practice and other elements of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Being a back-up for co-workers’ tasks in case of their absence
- Clear and concise reporting in English about all activities
- Communicating with customers about complaints and returned goods. Managing and recording all customer returned goods requests - including their financial impact - in the appropriate systems
- Analyzing the complaints. Making decisions on justification of the returns (in or out specification; in or out warranty) and communicating this to customer
- Coordinating fault finding and repairs on customer returns. Initiating additional investigations at Engineering, R&D or others if required
- Issuing feedback-reports to the customer on received returned goods. Either in a simple feedback or in a solid analysis report according to customer expectations and current quality procedures
- Preparing communication with the customers on (upcoming) change requests and change notifications
- Communicating with the customers on audit reports and their follow-up
- Initiating a CAPA on structural customer-complaints. Providing structural feedback to manufacturing and engineering on incidents
- At the Q&R manager’s request, performing additional research into customers’ return shipments, particularly concerning structural defects
- Produce monthly reports showing defects per month, pareto of the top issues and timing plan for addressing these
- Produce a weekly/monthly status report for management to understand current status of activities.
Teledyne provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defense to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, oceanographic research, air and water quality, environmental monitoring, factory automation and medical imaging.?
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier; you will be employed by YER.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
Senior level; all of the above plus:
- Initiating and leading multidisciplinary teams to implement improvements in the quality system and/or production processes
- Training of quality system procedures to internal and external stakeholders
- Leading customer visits and audits ensuring all actions are closed in a timely manner
- Excellent knowledge of the regulations and the potential impact on the customers product should an issue arise
Desired job requirements
- At least a bachelor's degree from a university of applied sciences, preferable in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of direct involvement in quality management in an industrial manufacturing and product development setting, preferably in the medical, automotive, aeronautics and/or space industry
- Has knowledgeable regarding ISO9001/ISO13485 and other relevant standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with customers, suppliers and co- workers at all levels of the organization
- Must have demonstrable organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical knowledge of engineering
- Profound knowledge of Dutch and English in verbal communication, reading and writing
- Good skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)