Attractive salary, based on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER
Manufacturing, High Tech
About this vacancy
Mechanical Engineer who develops after treatment for the new generation vehicles of DAF Trucks.
As After treatment Hardware Engineer you are responsible for in-production and future projects products for the European and North American markets.
- Develop new and adapt existing after treatment components, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability;
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle;
- Performing all required DFSS deliverables within the project, according Six Sigma principles, including requirement and validation definition;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning (both external and internal deliverables) and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
As After treatment Hardware Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the After treatment Hardware group.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art testing centre we develop engine and after treatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design (EHWD) is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and after treatment concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and After treatment Hardware.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a permanent contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical, Mechatronic or Engine Engineering;
- Minimal 3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferable in engine/after treatment;
- Good English skills are mandatory; Dutch skills are a pre;
- Strong analytical skills as well as fast in depth knowledge built-up;
- A strong team player with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality;
- CAD knowledge in NX is a pre.