Max. € 60,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you have experience as a SHE Officer and are you ready to take on a new challenge? This might be interesting for you.
As SHE officer you will be working for the Hoek van Holland site in the Netherlands. This is a chemical production environment where you will support the site in risk identification and evaluation in the field of process and occupational safety, health and environment. You will play an important role in supporting management in creating SHE awareness through SHE behavioural programs, transferring SHE standards to the shop floor, learning from incidents, auditing and inspections.
You will be part of the SHE department of the Hoek van Holland site and you will report to the site SHE manager.
- Conducting risk identification and evaluation (RI&E) on shop floor activities
- Actively and independently monitoring of site compliance with SHE procedures and work instructions and (pro-actively) advising and challenging responsible management and supervisors when needed
- Support in implementing SHE awareness and behaviour based programs and in drafting site safety procedures and instructions
- Leading or supporting incident investigations including communication and reporting of learnings. Analysing and reporting of incident trends by using the concept of basic risk factors
- Translating new legislation and requirements on SHE for the site Hoek van Holland and support implementation in a practical way
- Monitoring and reporting of SHE KPI’s, analysing SHE data and advising to management
- Replacing the site SHE manager whenever necessary
Our client is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. It's purpose is to create brighter lives for all. The company addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large.
They offer a family of solutions that benefit the customers and make lives brighter. But what sets them apart is a unique scientific approach - what they really provide are commercially attractive answers to the greatest challenges facing the world; how to feed everyone and keep them healthy and happy, tackle climate change and enable a restorative bio-based, circular economy.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- A Bachelor degree or level in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering or similar
- More than 5 years professional experience as SHE officer in a production or other comparable environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant Dutch SHE legislation such as BRZO and “Arbobesluit”
- Knowledge of accident/incident analyses methods
- HVK educated is a must
- Proficient in Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- Experienced with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Internet
- Focused on collaboration, positive working attitude and highly service oriented
- Communicatively and analytically strong, in word and in writing, able to convince people and resilient