Excellent remuneration (start date: Feb/Mar 2020)
Legal & Tax
Contract with client
Consumer Goods, Food, Feed & Pharma
About this vacancy
Unique opportunity per February/March 2020 for an ambitious IP Counsel at the number one brewer in Europe and the number two brewer in the world.
The Legal Counsel IP is responsible for the protection of intellectual property rights of the HEINEKEN Group (in particular by trademark and design registrations) and will support Global Commerce ("GC") with a focus on Intellectual Property (“IP”). The Legal Counsel IP is part of the Global IP team within the department HEINEKEN Legal Affairs.
As Legal Counsel IP you are responsible for:
- Execution of IP protection according to the HEINEKEN IP Policy
- IP advice at request or pro-actively to Global Commerce and Operating Companies ("OpCo's") on protection of IP, on strategy in new IP projects and infringement cases
- Instructing and managing various IP service suppliers
- Negotiating and solving infringement discussions with suppliers and competitors or other third parties
- Drafting legal documents such as license agreements and settlement agreements
- Training of Global Commerce and OpCo staff on IP related matters
HEINEKEN is a proud, independent and responsible global brewer. Today, HEINEKEN is the number one brewer in Europe and the number two brewer in the world. HEINEKEN has operations in more than 70 countries globally, which makes it the world's most international brewer. In the last decade HEINEKEN has significantly increased its exposure to emerging markets, which will be a catalyst for its growth. HEINEKEN brews great beers, builds great brands and is committed to surprising & exciting its consumers everywhere.
Careers at HEINEKEN are journeys paved with richness, accomplishments, and a few beers and ciders with friends or strangers along the way. It’s a challenging and exciting road, and with more than 70 markets and 250 brands to choose from, HEINEKEN can deliver! HEINEKEN offers a world of opportunities in an environment where purpose, innovation, diversity and sustainability are valued!
HEINEKEN will offer you an excellent salary (depending on your experience) and good secondary benefits, such as a good pension scheme, flexible budget, telephone and laptop.
In order to be successful in this opportunity you have:
- Law degree, specialized in IP law and contract law
- 5-7 years of experience required in a similar role
- Preferred background: Benelux TM and Design Attorney (BMM) or IP lawyer
- Fluent Dutch and English language required; good understanding of other languages is an advantage
- Analytical skills and judgment, independent, impact and influence, accuracy and networking