Legal & Tax
Contract with client
About this vacancy
Responsible and challenging position with the global leader in the home furnishing business.
About the job
The Ingka Group Legal & Governance team provides business minded legal support to the Ingka Group businesses. As Legal Counsel you will be part of the Group Legal Corporate team and report into the Ingka Group Legal Manager – Corporate / M&A. You will support and secure the legal and governance aspects of the business and operations in a global retail organisation. In that respect, your main focus and responsibility will be managing, drafting, reviewing, and discussing a wide range of intra group agreements between Ingka’s internal stakeholders, which include Ingka’s global business: Ikea retail and distribution, Ingka Investments and Ingka Centres as well as the Ingka Group service departments, such as tax and finance departments. In addition, you will be involved in general corporate matters, which vary from corporate governance, corporate restructuring and M&A. This position gives the opportunity to dive into the various businesses of Ingka Group and will require some travel.
About the assignment
Monitor and secure the legal aspects of Ingka Group. Give day to day assistance on legal and governance matters to the Ingka business and operations in the field of internal agreements and general corporate matters and to secure that all intra group relations are properly documented. In this respect you will:
- Draft, review, update and discuss Ingka Group’s internal agreements, which govern the relationships between all of Ingka Group’s business lines and service offices.
- Draft and update templates for internal agreements in accordance with legislative and business needs.
- Create structure and efficiency in the management and execution of the internal agreements, which will include setting up and driving the use of a digital contract management system.
- Support the Ingka Group Corporate Legal team on various projects related to corporate matters.
- Provide proactive advice to relevant stakeholders in order to reduce risk exposure while optimising business opportunities, as well as to support and secure that business relations are documented properly.
- Secure legal compliance by actively creating awareness and support management to organise for compliance.
Ingka Group is the world’s biggest franchisee of the IKEA Concept and a global leader in the home furnishing business. The company is a value-driven company with a passion for life at home. The vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people and having a positive impact on the world. Ingka's Group’s business consists of three business lines: IKEA Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments. IKEA Retail is the core business of Ingka Group and operates in 43 countries. The retail operations include 367 IKEA stores in 30 countries. Ingka Centres establishes and operates shopping centres connected to IKEA stores, while simultaneously pioneering community meeting places that will meet people’s rapidly changing needs. Through Ingka Investments the company makes strategic investments enabling the growth of its business and ensuring a positive contribution for people and our planet.
- Responsible position with the global leader in the home furnishing business.
- Working in an international value-driven organisation.
- Strong involvement in the entire Ingka Group organization and all business lines (Ingka Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments).
- Some travel will be involved.
- Excellent remuneration and good secondary benefits, such as 30 vacation days, 15% discount at IKEA stores and a good pension scheme.
- Masters degree in law.
- 4-7 years experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Sound knowledge of contract and corporate law.
- Experience with international corporate structures and internal agreement structures.
- Team player who takes initiative and is able to build strong relationships.
- Self-starter with a strong backbone.
- Pragmatic, result oriented and eager to learn.
- Experience in liaising with other business functions (e.g. finance, tax depts.).
- Experience in setting up and managing (digital) contract management systems.
- Ability to create structure in unstructured environments.
- Fluent in English.