Excellent remuneration package
Contract with client
About this vacancy
A great opportunity for a hands-on finance professional to lead the transition process and face many interesting and challenging topics. Become the Group Accounting & Reporting Manager of the 2nd worldwide largest zinc metal producer, with over 4,000 employees across 3 continents.
Since Nyrstar is part of Trafigura (31 July 2019), the headquarter of Nyrstar will relocate to Budel. This position will replace the current Group Reporting & Accounting Manager, seated in the Zürich office (current headquarter). You will report to Nyrstar's Group Controller in Budel and to the Trafigura Group Accounting & Reporting department in Amsterdam.
Typical key responsibilities are: preparing complex consolidations and financial reporting, maintaining and managing relationships with internal and external financial stakeholders, dealing with ad-hoc inquiries and ownership of accounting of several intermediate holding companies.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Provide meaningful, reliable consolidated financial reporting of the group to senior management
- Manage ownership of accounting applications (SAP-BPC)
- Oversight of monthly FSCP (both IFRS and Dutch GAAP)
- Review of monthly local site reporting and ensuring all consolidation entries (incl. eliminations) are processed on a monthly basis
- Detailed monthly analysis of balance sheet, cash-flow statement, review of covenants and scenario analyses
- Prepare monthly consolidated Group Reporting Packages and annual statutory financial statements
- Manage relationships with auditors and manage audit in timeliness including accounting issues
- Ensure proper documentation of significant transactions and policy changes
- Monthly reporting for other internal departments and directors
- Provide accurate information to other departments to assist in managing the commercial activities of the group and to meet external reporting requirements
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of financial reporting by divisions to Group Accounting and Reporting
- Advice on accounting treatment of significant and complex transactions
- Review financial statements key intermediate holding companies in the group structure
- Monitor and ensure adherence to statutory reporting requirements of group companies
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals, such as copper, gold and silver. Nyrstar has six smelters, one fumer and four mining operations, located in Europe, Australia and North America, and employs approximately 4,100 people. Nyrstars global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products.
Since 31 July 2019 Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, has become the majority owner of the operating business of Nyrstar.
Our client offers a dynamic, no nonsense and multicultural working environment with positive minded and ambitious professionals. The culture is characterized by (recently) change, optimization, quality, service oriented, ambition and personal development. Furthermore, our client offers an excellent salary and secondary benefits. Last but not least, our client is global 2nd in their industry!
We are looking for an independent and based on content result oriented Group Accounting & Reporting Manager. You are comfortable to liaise with both finance and non-finance staff in various locations around the world. You have excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and work to several deadlines simultaneously.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Chartered and/or qualified accountant (RA/CPA/ACCA/CA)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in audit, financial accounting and reporting including consolidation
- Experience required in reporting under both IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Knowledgeable and experience with sub-consolidations in group structure, eliminations, accounting for equity investments, equity & reserves and non-controlling interest
- Strong affinity with information systems, accounting applications (SAP-BPC) and IT projects
- Strong communication skills Fluent business English, written and verbal