Contract with client
About this vacancy
For an international organisation at Schiphol we are recruiting an Operations Associate.
The Operations Associate will work as part of a four person team, and will work closely with the Dutch Managing Director and the Finance & Operations Director, who oversee the financial, tax, administrative and compliance operations of the platform entities. The Operations Associate will report primarily to the Operations Officer, and support the Operations Officer with the day-to-day execution of operational activities regarding finance, legal, compliance and tax.
- Ensure weekly timely, accurate and complete postal mail handling of the platform entities;
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks for the platform entities such as managing courier request, review of appropriateness and correctness of invoices, and scanning and filing of invoices;
- Keep the corporate files of the platform entities accurate and complete in liaison with the Operations Officer;
- Support the planning, execution and post-completion procedures of the board meetings of the platform entities, including, but not limited to, issuance of notices, completing board packages, and drafting, filing and circulating executed versions;
- Coordinate and order office supplies and arrange catering for board and other meetings;
- Personal assistant to the Dutch Directors such as preparing and managing signature packages, completing bank account opening forms, and managing appointments and deadlines.
The contractor is an investment management firm with in excess of 12.4 billion assets under management. The firm is co-headquartered in London and New York, with representative offices in Madrid and Munich and a portfolio company holding office in Amsterdam. The organisation focuses on making investments in companies headquartered in Europe and North America, through both our Private Equity Funds and Structured Opportunities Funds.
The Amsterdam based team functions as substance pooling platform and shared service centre for the Dutch platform entities (in excess of fifty Coops and B.V.s) incorporated for existing investments, and to be incorporated in the future for new investments. The Amsterdam team also works closely with several outsourced legal and administrative service providers, as well as finance, operations, compliance and legal team members based in New York and London.
- Full time position;
- First employment agreement 1 year term, one month probation period;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Holidays: 25;
- Travel: in principle public transportation is encouraged, travel expenses will compensated preferably as much as possible by means of a NS business card;
- Defined contribution pension scheme – fully paid by employer;
- Discretionary bonus capped at 20% of annual salary if performance is according to target/criteria;
- Full time is preferred, 36 hours work week may be considered;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience with a corporate service provider and/or private administrator;
- Experience with Dutch Coop and BV structures preferred;
- Experienced in scheduling, documenting and supporting board meetings;
- Fluent in English, with proficiency in French or German would be considered as an advantage;
- MBO/Bachelor level of competency in legal area and or administrative area;
- Open to a variety of complexity of tasks and responsibilities;
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environment;
- Solution orientated and practical while keeping legal and administrative requirements in mind;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan / prioritize to ensure efficient and timely deliverables; adapt quickly to a changing environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Discretion with sensitive/confidential information;
- Highest standards of integrity, honesty and professionalism;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.