Contract with client
Transportation & Logistics
About this vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and internationally experienced person to join our client's Business Planning & Control (BP&C) team, who will be responsible for providing support to the company’s chief executives (CFO & CEO) for managing and developing the several shipping groups.
Your activities are based on close internal communication and cooperation with SMT’s Finance & Accounting department (Cyprus), its Fleet Management department (Poland) and the various Commercial/Project Managers around the world. Along with the expanding business the BP&C team has ambitions to further improve on cash flow, cost and capex control, management reporting, and play an active company-wide role in business process/-system improvements. You will have ownership of the BP&C-function for several of SMT’s shipping groups and in that role enjoy extensive exposure to both the senior management of SMT and the Board of Directors of these shipping groups, including representatives of external joint-venture partners.
- Developing and coordinating analysis & reporting for strategic business development and regularly liaising with SMT’s Executive Management;
- Business Planning, including forecasting, budgeting, investment calculations, and project support for tenders;
- Developing and preparing management reporting towards the company’s management and external stakeholders;
- Coordinating and arranging year-end budget preparations for the company’s fleet, in conjunction with all departments;
- Business Control for capex, opex, projects, and cash flow of our shipping groups;
- Financing activities, including arranging of bank loans, coordinating of loan documentation with banks and law firms, and maintaining bank relationships;
- Preparation of Board Meetings for several of the company’s shipping groups, plus related Board-Secretary activities;
- Participation in commercial, operational, and technical project teams on a case-by-case basis;
- Developing company presentations, publications and reports;
- General administrative tasks for SMT’s Executive Management team.
SMT is a global industrial shipping group with several offices worldwide, established in 1990. SMT is a ship owner as well as a full-service ship management company, now with a considerable fleet of over 50 vessels, organized over 5 main shipping groups. SMT is characterised by its entrepreneurial spirit, innovative strength and direct and open communication lines. A dynamic, expanding shipping company with vessels trading worldwide and offices in Cyprus, Poland, USA, Norway, U.K. and The Netherlands.
This is a fulltime senior controlling position with excellent benefits and development opportunities. Next, our clients offers:
- Open international company culture;
- Up to 15% international traveling;
- Flexible workplace;
- Lots of informal activities (diners with clients or shareholders for example).
- Master’s Degree in Business/Finance and experience with Shipping/Marine related activities. A postmaster education (RA of RC) is not required but appreciated;
- Extensive experience in working in an international shipping company or related industry, for a minimum of 10 years. A background in accounting, business control, project management is a benefit;
- International mind-set, plus excellent communication, analytical, social and cooperative skills;
- Experienced ICT user, with excellent knowledge of MS Excel/MS Office modules;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Employees at BP&C are involved in all aspects of SMT’s business and report hierarchically to the CFO. As Business Planner/Business Controller you will be required to travel a fair amount between the respective offices and departments.