Contract with client
About this vacancy
Our client is responsible for the company's group wide finance strategy, the consolidated financial reporting to the international headquarters, including the statutory accounting, reporting and internal audit for the Europe entities. A great place to work and to develop your career!
As part of the Internal Audit team, you will evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, governance and processes by executing operational audits. Furthermore, you will assist and execute the annual SOx404 program including walkthroughs, testing and reporting to management. Beside operational audits and SOx you will contribute in retaining oversight on the internal audit activities of all operating subsidiaries within the holding and be responsible for reporting these activities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious colleague to strengthen the control and oversight position of Europe. In this role you will be an integral part of the team, responsible for a wide variety of analyses related to audits, SOx controls, governance of operating companies and potential investments. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to embrace change and development. In this position you will report to the Head of Internal Audit.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Execute operational audits
- Identify and define measure for improvements and monitor overall progress
- Document and test key controls to ensure compliance with the Sox404
- Assist in the overall Sox404 evaluation program
- Assist in monitoring and managing internal audit activities for Europe group wide as part of its oversight responsibility
- Build and strengthen relationships with peers of the operating subsidiaries in Europe and the Corporation
Our client is a financial holding company that monitors several asset management subsidiaries. Together these subsidiaries manage over € 290 billion of assets worldwide through a broad range of investment strategies and investment solutions. Our client ensures that the tasks and responsibilities, which go beyond the investment subsidiaries themselves, are carried out properly. Our client focuses on group consolidation and reporting, as well as tax affairs and internal auditing. In addition, our client provides the support function for the mother corporation to expand other strategic business lines in Europe. For one of the UK subsidiaries our client acts as a service centre for the accounting, legal, compliance and HR functions. Next to the traditional financial holding functions, our client is responsible for further development of internal communication and for increasing effectiveness group wide. Our client synergizes across the group and maintains a professional network internally and externally.
Our client offers an inspiring, exciting and dynamic working environment with enthusiastic and ambitious professionals. The culture is characterized by innovation, entrepreneurship, ambition and personal development. Furthermore, our client offers an excellent salary and secondary benefits. Last but not least, our client is located in the most beautiful office of Rotterdam city!
We are looking for a self-motivated and service oriented colleague to strengthen our clients Internal Audit team. You have the ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team. You need to manage multiple (constantly changing) work streams while meeting tight deadlines. Flexibility is required and ability to work together with staff of various departments and seniority.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years' of work experience in external / internal audit or similar internal control related functions
- Master degree, preferred with an RA or RO certification or other similar certifications (i.e. CIA, CPA etc.)
- Specific knowledge of audit requirement and requirements related to Sox404
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiating and reporting abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbally and written)
- A hands-on mentality and international mind-set with experience working in a culturally diverse environment