€ 50,000 - € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Environmental Control and Infrastructure (EC&I), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the Flow and Thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
In the position of Designer Engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualisation, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of Flow and Thermal (sub-)modules. You are the technical lead for an important part of the Flow and Thermal design of ASML’s lithography tools!
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a Flow and Thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended during the specification phase is another important responsibility. The Design Engineer generally reports to the Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) of the project. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the sub-function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few FTE to more than twenty FTE’s, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for modules and sub-modules.
- Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews.
- Give input (design effort) for planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Solve issues: propose solution and implementation plan.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability (via Supply Quality Engineer)
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts
- Technical communication with suppliers
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings in NX.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organie work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).