€ 60,000 - € 70,000
IT, Engineering, Energie
Secondment via YER
Medical & Health
About this vacancy
Control Technologist with affinity for SW.
You are responsible for executing tests in the integration phase of a complex mechatronics system. This includes writing test scripts, analysing and documenting test results and debugging SW.
You will be a crucial member of the integration team working closely together with a large group of stakeholders including SW developers, system architects and multidisciplinary technologists carrying out all kinds of verification tests and validation tests. The systems that need to be tested, are complex mechatronic systems requiring you to really get an in-depth understanding of their function and way of operation.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market. The Mechatronics department, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that, a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Mechatronics Technology group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 30 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics, Acoustics, Smart Sensing, Tribology and Thermal management. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience;
- Chance to become a direct Philips employee after secondment period;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Healthy work-life balance;
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment;
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career.
We are looking for
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with experience in testing and integrating (complex) mechatronic systems;
- Affinity for SW and multiple years’ experience in working with Matlab in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Experience with industrial motion controllers and bus systems and their application in high-precision systems;
- Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for experimental validation;
- Motivated to operate in multidisciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges;
- Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;
- Able to find and effectively define solutions where other see only problems;
- Builder of bridges;
- Willing to travel regularly in Europe.