Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
DAF Trucks N.V. located in Eindhoven (Netherlands) is looking for a Senior Engineer Diagnostics (application software).
The senior Engineer Communications is responsible for the SW diagnostics domain within the Application Software department.
The diagnostics function area comprises functions (e.g. fault manager) which diagnose the application software on different control systems on the truck. Supporting functionalities like KWP/UDS and ODX protocols are part of the work package as well. Also creating input requirements for DAF service tool to assure the integration of this service tool with the control system application software is included.
You will be securing all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the functional domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the function lead engineer application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the software requirement documents. As an owner of the functional knowledge you will support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain. The senior engineer diagnostics deploys the diagnostic properties in agreement with the property owner diagnostics.
The senior engineer can be part of one or more Agile software development teams, that will analyse and develop software functions according input requirements or issue reports.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development and functionally to the system owner application software.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The best known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In a state-of-the-art engine development center, DAF develops engine families that will meet future regulations. DAF's engines and trucks are the best class products in the transportation world. Always being driven by DAF's design philosophy: “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company DAF offers optimal opportunities to contribute to their success in a multicultural team.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. You will be working in the Application Software group.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Technical education on college/university level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards)
- At least 3 year of relevant experience in the diagnostics domain
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow is a plus
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Experience with real time embedded systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum or Kanban is a plus
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming
- Affinity with control system domain and application software
- Knowledge of SW communication layer/protocol (e.g. CAN, LIN, UDS, ODX).
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus
- Ability to collaborate across different groups, having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form
- Willing to learn Dutch language