Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
The RF Power Design Engineer works in project teams to develop highly complex RF Power products in existing and to be released technologies to reach the RF performance requirements of leading customers and meet future market requirements.
The RF Power Design Engineer designs RF Power transistors, MMICs and pallets using Ampleon’s leading edge LDMOS, GaN, package and design technologies.
- Design, simulation and measurement of power amplifiers;
- Design and evaluation of RF power test and demo circuits;
- Propose, define and develop innovative design solutions for current and new products to meet market trends and maintain our competitiveness;
- Actively builds and maintains a network of contacts in own and related fields to gain and share knowledge;
- Provide inputs on product and technology roadmaps for future RF Energy products.
Created in 2015, Ampleon is shaped by 50 years of RF power leadership. Recently being spun-off from NXP Semiconductors, the company is set out to exploit the full potential of data and energy transfer in RF. Ampleon has more than 1,250 employees worldwide, dedicated to creating optimal value for customers. Its innovative, yet consistent portfolio offers products and solutions for a wide range of applications, such as cellular base stations, radio/TV/broadcasting, radar, air traffic control, cooking, lighting, industrial lasers and medical. Their name, derived from “amplify” (=enhance) and “eon” (=eternity), reflects the products we stand for and our commitment to “Amplify the future” of RF Power.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Ampleon. YER offers competitive compensation. A, more than, comfortable package will be provided to the suitable candidate. If necessary YER will arrange a valid VISA for you and your family as offer guidance towards settling in The Netherlands. Depending on experience and education, higher remuneration is possible. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The candidate must have at a least a master degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in RF Power & Microwave design.
- At least 3 years RF design experience (LDMOS or GaN transistor level design);
- Power amplifier design, PCB layout, prototyping, troubleshooting;
- RF simulation tools like ADS/MWO and 3D EM simulation;
- RF equipment and measurement techniques;
- Physics of semiconductor devices;
- Impedance matching for (broadband) power amplifiers;
- Good and analytical problem-solving skills;
- Have a driven and pro-active attitude;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Team player and good communication skills.