Contract with client
About this vacancy
Do you speak German, are you interested to work in a small and select international team with a large and ambitious mission? Then this is your chance!
For Oilinvest, YER would like to get in touch with a German speaking Group Internal Auditor. In this position, you will be responsible for assessing and reporting on the effectiveness of the Group framework of controls. The Group Internal Auditor will work under the guidance of the Chief Audit Executive located in Milan (Italy), be part of the corporate team and report to the CEO, located in The Hague.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the developing of an appropriate risk based audit plan based on a detailed understanding of the risks facing the business and for relevant themed reviews across the Group;
- Performance of financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with prescribed International IA standards, current industry standards ensuring that regulations, rules, policies are adhered to;
- Performance of periodic follow up to assess the level of implementation of Internal Audit recommendations;
- Writing draft and final audit reports in a clear, concise and timely manner including implementable recommendations which have been discussed with and agreed to by the auditee;
- Working collaboratively with management to identify ways to continue improve internal control system.
The Oilinvest Group is a major player in the European downstream oil industry. Playing a vital role at every stage of the value chain, their two main brands Tamoil and HEM employ around 1000 people, sell in excess of 10 million tons of fuel products every year and generate an annual gross turnover of € 12.7 billion. Through its portfolio of companies, the Oilinvest Group supplies, trades, refines and sells petroleum products in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and the Netherlands, and has a trading operation based in Cyprus. Wholly owned by the Libyan state, its head office is at The Hague in the Netherlands.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Dynamic and international environment.
Experience and qualifications:
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics/Business Administration;
- Internal Audit qualification (CIA is a must, ACCA or CIMA are desirable);
- Consolidated experience in a multinational context;
- Minimum of 7 till 12 years’ experience in internal auditing function in an international company. Experience should include strong accounting skills, audit and risk assessment techniques, data sampling, analysis and interrogation, interviewing, testing and reporting;
- Familiarity with control frameworks (e.g. COSO);
- Fluency in German and English.
- Ability to analyse and assimilate information;
- Able to prioritise and re-plan;
- Sound audit judgement;
- Willingness to travel within Europe (50%);
- You must be a seasoned professional, pro-active and able to work independently with minimum direct supervision as well as work within a team.