Legal & Tax
Contract with client
About this vacancy
To assist the Head of Legal in managing the legal affairs of MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V. (MBE). Responsible for Legal Advisory & Regulatory matters including managing documentation and regulatory risk and providing a legal documentation and technical advisory service, covering a broad range of banking transactions and operations across MBE.
Reporting to the Head of Legal of MBE.
- Support the integrity of the governance framework, including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Provide legal advice in relation to strategic business initiatives and projects, operational infrastructure, jurisdictional risk analysis, regulatory programs and operational risk management and controls framework
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts relating to a broad range of banking transactions as well as supplier and inter-affiliate agreements
- Managing documentation risk relating to the areas mentioned above, including through developing and monitoring standard documentation and processes within the bank
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice and ensure such changes are taken into account in the bank’s documentation and processes
- Develop, maintain and implement document templates, know-how and procedures
- Provide training on legal and regulatory issues to MBE employees
- Participate in industry forums and working groups
- Ensure close cooperation with the European legal office of MUFG EMEA and the various branches of MBE
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
As the leading financial services institution in Japan, MUFG continues to evolve toward the goal of being the world's most trusted financial group. They foster a highly professional, supportive work environment that enables our employees to help maximize our customers' prosperity. In a time of rapid and unpredictable change, MUFG protects customer assets and supports healthy, global economic growth. They focus on building long-term customer relationships and giving back to their communities in order to develop shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Working at MUFG offers you the chance to create an exciting and wide-ranging career.
- Excellent remuneration
- Great place to work
- International working environment
Relevant master degree in Law.
- The function requires an intellectual and working background at university level and experience of a minimum of six years in a similar function or relevant area
- International legal experience
- Experience in networking and working in a multi-cultural environment
Functional/technical skills and knowledge requirements
- In depth knowledge and work experience in international laws and regulations in a senior role within Corporate Banking
- Experience in managing legal change projects, involving various processes and stakeholders
- In depth knowledge of principles and practice of Dutch law and regulatory rules would be an asset
- Understanding of accounting principles and other banking procedures for assessment of credit and other banking risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel