Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For Philips in Eindhoven, YER is recruiting a Product Architect Intense Pulsed Light Devices.
In this assignment, you have the opportunity to be at the core of the team that develops Philips Intense Pulsed Light devices, a strong growing business based on an alternative way of hair depilation with the unique advantage of keeping your skin smooth and free of hairs at all time. The extra challenge is to combine the high pace of consumer goods development with the rigor of processes required for these medically regulated devices.
You are responsible for:
- Creating the technical development logic according to lean scheduling
- Ensuring the requirements flow-down
- Lead the risk control related to the device
- Proposing the trade-off between cost, functionality, appearance and make ability
- Creating the product architecture, including transfer functions and key components
- Defining verification plan and review test results
- Executing root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints
- Contributing to the functional knowledge base
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will partner with the Beauty team within Innovation Site Eindhoven, which is part of Personal Care. This team is responsible for development and maintenance of hair depilation products like the Philips Lumea range of Intense Pulsed Light devices and skin care devices like the VisaPure range. You will interact with many related parties, e.g. marketing, production, supply chain, procurement. You will be in a highly dynamic environment in an enthusiastic team.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Chance to become a direct Philips employee after secondment period
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Bio-mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in consumer product development, preferably in medical product development
- An excellent communicator (English) and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes, since you will be working with people of many disciplines and companies in product development
- You are an abstract, analytical and creative thinker
- You are able to drive team decisions and to voice your opinion based on strong arguments and analytical data
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
- Always looking for perfection, you do not accept underperformance or poor results and have a quality mind-set
- You are preferably trained in Design for Six Sigma
- Understanding of consumer needs and how this translates to the product