Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you an Automotive Engineer who wants to take part in the design of chassis exterior parts with one of the largest truck manufacturers in Europe? Then this may be the ideal position for you!
For the Frame & Components group, exterior underbody team, part of the Chassis Development department, we are looking for a Design Engineer Chassis Exterior Parts. Your tasks:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions and parts of the chassis exterior to meet project targets, in cooperation with the team, stakeholders, supporting departments and suppliers
- Main activity is the design and release process of exterior components in CAD but you are also responsible for initiating supporting activities in other groups such as:
- Define requirements based on input from all stakeholders
- Advise Design & Styling to support design choices
- Verification activities at vehicle and component testing
- Implementation into production
- You will work according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
In the position of Design Engineer you will report to the Line manager of the Frame & Components group as well as to the Project Lead Engineer of the project team and the Line Lead Engineer.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The Frame & Components group, part of the Chassis Development department, is responsible for the realization of (sub) projects in the field of chassis windows, numerous chassis components, substructure parts and lighting systems.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical or plastics engineering
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, Automotive knowledge [Exterior parts, Plastics] is very beneficial
- Fluent in the English language – effective communication both verbal and written; Basic German is very helpful
- Siemens Unigraphics & Design for Six Sigma skills or the ability to learn these tools within a short period (max. 50- 60%)
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for plastics engineering knowledge built-up and to handle complex problems
- A quality oriented team player with strong planning / tracking skills
- Pro-active, creative, stress resistant and result driven personality
- Travelling for the job is no issue for you (once every 6-8 weeks for one day to supplier).