Secondment via YER, Interim/independent, Contract with client
About this vacancy
Next level reporting opportunity.
As a Reporting Control Specialist, you are responsible for identifying and (helping) eliminating reporting risks and increasing control awareness. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge and experience. You are capable of approaching issues from a ‘helicopter’ perspective but can also handle issues in detail when necessary. You are independent, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out.
Your most important tasks will include:
- Helping entities with the implementation of internal controls in line with the guidance to ensure a sound control environment;
- Pursuing investigations and deep dives into various finance control and accounting matters;
- Coordination and active participation in the ICFR/SOX404 sign-off process;
- Preparation and organisation of the ICFR governance meetings;
- Helping entities with the implementation of Minimum Standards regarding internal controls to ensure a sound reporting environment;
- Coordination of our external auditor account, incl. monitoring of independence and fees.
International successful financial services organisation.
- Excellent remuneration;
- growth opportunities;
- work life balance;
- ambitious organisation.
You have a hands-on approach and a healthy dose of organisation sensitivity. You are convincing in your work and critical (in a positive sense) of your own performance and that of others. You are a very quick learner, a superb team player, have a strong focus on stakeholders, supported by excellent collaboration skills.
In addition, you have:
- An academic degree in Finance or Economics, preferably supplemented by an RA or CIA certificate or studying for this;
- work experience in (external/internal) audit;
- Sound problem analysis and judgment skills;
- Relationship building is key for success in this role. It is important to have good influencing skills, being assertive without being antagonistic or alienating;
- Good communication and persuasion skills and ability to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
- You are fluent in English (bot writing and speaking);
- Proven experience in business process improvements, including design, implementation and execution of (regulatory) oversight processes;
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial services business processes and knowledge of the relevant (legal) regulations and procedures;
- Experience with financial statement closing processes, loan loss provisioning and IT general controls.