Max. € 70
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
As a Credit Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the exposure position of a portfolio of customers in order to minimize credit risk and bad debts and optimize working capital.
The key responsibilities in this position will be:
- Manage customers’ portfolio. Proactively dun external customers via telephone and email with a view to receive timely payments, follow up on promises and disputes. Ensure that payments are allocated to the correct accounts. Formulate, communicate and monitor preventive actions. Log and document all communication and actions regarding customers.
- Regularly contact internal customers and other colleagues. To act as first point of contact for all internal and external customers. Support and advise the internal customers in all aspects of Collections Management (tools, processes, procedures).
- Maintain relations with internal customers and prepare, attend and follow up on actions from customers meetings. As Regional Service Centre (FO), to interact and communicate with the Global Service Centre (BO) and other FSS Collections teams.
- Responsible for achieving (K)PIs per BU and C&SU for assigned portfolio. Understand the credit worthiness of the customer. Keep up with financial and market developments in the assigned countries. Highlight credit risk issues to all involved parties in a timely way.
- Collaborate closely with the credit risk experts. Provide monthly update on new developments of running Potential Bad Debt cases.
- Spot risks and non-conformities in the collections process and initiate and coordinate corrective as well as process improvement actions. Execute internal controls.
- Ad hoc support and/or participation in various projects upon request of Credit & Collections Manager.
Our client is a leading international company.
You will be second mended to our client via YER or you will work on a freelance/zzp basis. The duration of the assignment will be min. 6 months.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics with 3+ years relevant experience in Collections.
- Native/fluent French and English both spoken and written are a must, any additional language as Spanish or Italian would be an advantage (such as Dutch).
- Proven experience in collections by telephone and knowledge of global payment methods, payment terms as well as banking systems.
- Extended knowledge of and experience in the field of Credit Management in a multi-cultural and multinational environment.
- Experience with Collections related tools (FSCM, SAP AR, SD FICO) and process expertise on all Collections related processes (OTC, PTO).
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with customer/external orientation, commercial mind-set and a strong drive for results.
- A fast learner, adaptable and determined with a continuous improvement mentality and proactive attitude.