Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you a technical professional with strong project management skills and knowledge, interest and/ or a background in packaging solutions for automotive purposes? Then this position will probably be your next ideal challenge!
As Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer you will be responsible to lead packaging standardization and improvement initiatives within the Global Aftermarket Supply Chain Strategy Group.
Your key activities are the following:
- Project Management in the field of development and implementation of global packaging standards and processes with regional groups, packaging providers and prepacking suppliers to ensure alignment/ compliance with local (parcel, LTL) and global (air, ocean) shipping regulations;
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the global aftermarket organizations to increase customer satisfaction and internal productivity in-line with key corporate directives, such as minimizing operation cost while expanding distribution footprint;
- Development, implementation and maintenance of 3PL & supplier packaging guidelines to create consistency with the external partners in the supply chain to minimize rework and eliminate waste;
- Recommendation of alternative packaging solutions based on innovations, field research, operational efficiencies, damage reporting and increased shipment density.
Hyster-Yale produces, develops and sells big trucks using various brand names. The Big Truck After Market Service is located in Nijmegen and is responsible for providing support for the Big Trucks produced by Hyster-Yale to dealers and customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Hyster-Yale offers challenging projects, varied activities and extensive training, development and career opportunities for its employees. It is a stable organization that sells its products worldwide and is increasingly developing applications for the Big Trucks.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client Hyster-Yale. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
We are looking for candidates with the following technical background:
- A bachelor or master in a technical area, such as Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Product Design, Automotive Engineering or Industrial Engineering;
- Three to five years’ experience in a project engineering or project management position in the automotive or another high volume and high demanding technical environment;
- One to three years’ experience in packaging design or packaging testing is a pre;
- Preferably, we are looking for someone with knowledge and experience in the field of international packaging norms/ regulations with a focus on industrial aftermarket packaging;
- Experience in e-commerce, retail packaging, 3PL packaging or with packaging testing labs or a supply chain/ operations background with strong link to packaging is also preferred;
- Willingness to travel incidentally;
- Fluent in English.
The ideal candidate has the following competences:
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Coordination skills;
- Creative thinking;
- Result oriented;
- Improvement mind-set.