Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
Manufacturing, High Tech
About this vacancy
Challenging role as a Mechanical Expert & Technical Problem Solver at DAF Trucks N.V. with Engine development located in Eindhoven. DAF Trucks is looking for a proactive team player for challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus.
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project product, as well as running business activities. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem solving team. You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams;
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers;
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project;
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle;
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the centre of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing centre we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the Base engine group, we have an open position for an all-around mechanical expert.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer :
- Good employee benefits;
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering;
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment;
- Proactive mind-set and ability to work independently;
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch);
- Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality;
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre;
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up;
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.