€ 35,000 - € 50,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are now looking for a Chief Engineer, who will join our team an assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come.
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides product, engineering and project leadership in development projects
- Delivers new products on time, at the desired product & project cost, fulfilling the critical-to-customer requirements
- Accountable for delivering assigned product development, product improvement and research projects for a product line, providing differentiated, customer valued solutions at a market leading pace
Complexity and Creativity
- Motivated by improving product competitive position by development of new features and new products
- Willing to actively contribute to the development activities when required
- Eagerness to explore new working methods, challenge status quo
- Able to operate outside the company bureaucracy to achieve the product or project goals,
- Contribute to improve & document standard operating procedures and processes related to the department activity for sustainable improvement.
Judgement and Decisions
- Defines, plan, leads and executes development of product improvements/new products as per schedule, which includes management of resources allocated to the project (whether internal or external resources)
- Ensure development projects are delivered within the agreed budget (business case)
- Prioritize projects and contribute to elaborate business cases for developments
Our client is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years.
After a secondment period of 1 year, you will be employed by the client.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Solid technical understanding of subsystems and interfaces between systems
- Project Management capabilities to deliver development project at agreed time & cost
- BSc or MSc in Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with working in 3D CAD systems (Inventor), PDM/PLM systems, ERP systems
- Working knowledge of design methodologies and tools: DfX, FMEA
- Parametrized design
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with Lean principles in Product development