Dependent of knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For our client DAF Trucks we are looking for an analytic talent providing new insights to improve product conceptual designs.
Within the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Lead Engineer – Big Data Analytics for Vehicle Development. Objective of the function:
- To convert data that are available in DAF databases (field test data, connected truck data, fleet management data, service databases, etc.) and public databases (traffic, climate, road data, transport, etc.) into valuable information to steer upfront specifications, developments and simulations of new truck designs;
- To condense this information into SMART use cases and cycles for optimizing and validating new designs with simulations in the Technical Analysis department.
In this function you will play a central role in data analytics for all vehicle development departments with main focus on energy management/CO2 and durability of trucks.
- Translate pro-actively the requests of stakeholders in different knowledge domains (property owners, system owner, simulation engineers) into information models and show and prove possible outcome to these stakeholders;
- Set up analysis plans, define required data and data sources and analyses methods;
- Create required access to large data sources and tools within DAF IT infrastructure;
- Adapt and use the appropriate tools for merging and analyzing the data;
- Use advanced analysis methods to derive relevant, reliable and usable information;
- Visualize and communicate the results on various levels, ranging from engineers, system & property owner until senior management of PD;
- Attune and communicate requirements for tools and infrastructure with ITD;
- Maintaining the data analytics capabilities by implementing new methods and processes in close cooperation with other data analysts and data scientists within the DAF organization and other PACCAR divisions.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The Technical Analysis department consists of a team with 15 specialists, responsible for the numerical optimization, verification and validation of new vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: Fuel Economy and CO2 emission, Aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, Vehicle Handling, Crash Safety, Durability.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent analytical skills including statistics on MSc. level;
- Domain knowledge in automotive design, preferably on energy management;
- Good knowledge of data analytics methods and tools (like datamining, machine learning, SQL, Matlab, R, Python, Rapidminer, Hadoop, etc.) and affinity with IT systems/application;
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing in both Dutch and English;
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and critical towards representativeness and accuracy of results.