Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Secondment via YER
Manufacturing, High Tech, Medical & Health
About this vacancy
In this role, you have the opportunity to initiate and work on process engineering & development projects in the area of plasma etching for integrated thin film applications, products and processes for internal and external customers with the purpose of delivering a base-line process.
- Developing dry etching processes for internal and external customers;
- Supporting the Dry engineering cluster program;
- Interaction with Project Managers, Sales, Product Engineers and Operators/Technicians;
- All plasma etching equipment in the cleanrooms, maintaining the processes at a good and stable level.
- Application and development of (new) processes inside the field of plasma etching, mostly within the context of a project.
- Participating in projects realizing the agreed deliverables, contributing or making relevant technological choices inside the field of plasma etching, during the different stages of the project for both Internal and external clients.
- Judging the possibilities of reusing existing knowledge and the need for new developments in the field of plasma etching.
- Continually developing your technological knowledge and expertise within your field.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams for purchasing new equipment in the field of plasma etch equipment, contributing by designing the process requirements/ specifications and process acceptance protocols.
- Coaching engineers and technicians.
- Pro-actively communicates with all stakeholders, including clients, senior management, professional network and colleagues.
- Complying with the ESH policy, rules and regulations.
Highly motivated and skilled team of (Senior) Process Engineers and Technicians, who are highly experienced in supporting customers both inside and outside Philips, ranging from major companies and institutes like ASML, NXP, Holst to highly innovative start-ups.
The Process and Maintenance Engineering group is part of the Operations team of the MEMS and Micro Devices Department within Philips Innovation Services Technology Laboratories and consists of about 25 experts.
We focus on the continuous improvement of the existing and new technologies, processes and equipment used for the realization of integral (flowchart) solutions and low volume production in the application fields of MEMS, flexible devices, sensors, actuators, switches, harvesters for lighting, medical and semiconductor applications.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and to develop yourself and your expertise.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in the area of the exact sciences.
- Experience in process engineering & development.
- Experience in working with project teams in technological area.
- In-depth knowledge of plasma etching technology used for thin film processing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, both technical as interpersonal.
- Capable of combining physical and chemical knowledge in order to understand the complex plasma etch processes and their interaction with thin films.
- Knowledge of fundamental tools (DOE, SPC, Problem Solving, Teamwork, etc.), required in an engineering environment.
- Has a pragmatic, creative, flexible attitude with a result driven can-do mentality.
- Excellent communication skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English.
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams.
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects to be lead towards manufacturing.