Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Consultancy & HR
About this vacancy
Are you challenged by demanding electronics projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative architectures which enable our product roadmap? Do you have a Bachelor- or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and multiple years of experience as a FPGA designer? We might be looking for you!
As a FPGA designer you are a key technical contributor to a multidisciplinary team of designers who act on (sub-)system level. You take responsibility for the electronic design and maintenance of FPGA IP blocks (communication link’s, download modules) for new and existing ASML products .
As a FPGA designer in the Generic Design Blocks (GDB) team you are responsible for the following:
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software & hardware department
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various IP’s (firmware GBD’s)
- Participate in realization of firmware related products
- Define, document, and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfy the requirements
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders
- Contribute to EGD (Electronic Generics Design) roadmap and building-blocks. COTS solutions and using industry standards are highly preferred
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various firmware products, adjusted with other stakeholders
- Solving issues during 1st product integration
- Analyze and solve GDB design issues
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Multiple years of experience as senior designer of FPGA’s or IC’s is a must have
- Experience with VHDL / RTL Design is a must have
- Experience with boards (E.g. PCB’s) is a pre
- Broad technical knowledge of digital IP’s (Firmware building-blocks) is a pre
- Experience with programming cores NIOSII / ARM’s in C is a pre
- Experience with Altera / Xilinx Design Flow is a pre
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Quality and efficiency focus
- Pragmatic attitude
- Organizes work effectively and logically
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)