Legal & Tax
Contract with client
Medical & Health
About this vacancy
This is a unique and exciting, broad business role providing top-notch legal advice to the global business of Malvern Panalytical.
Are you a qualified corporate/commercial legal counsel either from practice or from a senior in-house position? Are you looking for a position in which you can implement your revolutionairy, innovative legal business mind-set to fully support and drive our next phase of growth? Then this might be your chance to become a part of a high level Global Legal Team. You will be working closely with the Head of Legal to transform the Legal/PMO dept. with business knowledge to a business dept. with Legal/PMO knowledge.
What are your challenges?
- You will not know all the answers however you will be resourceful, know where to get the answer from, use your analytical skills, to be able to put together high level business proposals and present them in a confident manner to senior staff
- You will focus on on speeding up the key business processes and their continuous efforts to de-risk the way we do business. To speed up the process, you will need to be involved as a business partner in an early stage, when the commercial negotiations with a customer start, when the strategic discussions about a potential channel partner start etc. This means building a strong resourceful business network and presumes a project type of approach
- You will need to obtain a deep understanding of our complex business and company structures, to not only speed up the process but also be able to provide tailor made practical advice in a timely matter
Malvern Panalytical technologies are used by scientists and engineers in a wide range of industries and organizations to solve the challenges associated with maximizing productivity, developing better quality products and getting them to market faster. Their mission is to create superior, customer-focused solutions and services to deliver tangible economic impact through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials.
Malvern Panalytical has multiple locations all over the world and employs over 2,000 people worldwide. When you join them, you become part of the Malvern Panalytical family, a group of talented women and men who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate global community.
- Malvern Panalytical continues to stimulate their employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings (like a Grotius). They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of their work processes
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A Master's degree in law or equivalent qualification
- Industry and/or law firm experience (3 years)
- Ability to quickly understand business needs and to anticipate potential issues and provide recommendations for risk management
- Attention to detail is paramount as is the ability to find a workable solution to the many challenges we face
- Strong analytical ability, you are able to provide quick & sharp business advice
- Experienced in working in an international, highly regulated environment
- You are collaborative, highly proactive & assertive, commitment to excellence
- You have a strong commercial awareness
- Fluent command of Dutch and English
Great to have:
- Additional third language (i.e., French, Spanish etc.).