Secondment via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
ASML’s Applications products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process. These products are largely software driven. To facilitate the software developers the SDTI team aims to deliver first class SW development support.
Play an important part in the team that provides the optimal Continuous Integration environment for our developers. Support colleagues with installation of tools enabling software development.
Facilitate software quality assessments by setting up and maintaining our TICS environment (together with Tiobe). Profound knowledge of and experience with software packaging, releasing and deployment concepts.
Maintain and optimize the Continuous Integration tooling, typically in Python, Bash and Perl: TICSRepository accessSoftware buildTransfer knowledge to allow continued operation during planned absenceUse and administer (some of) the software version control system.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Technical Bachelors, preferably computer sciences.
- 2 to 4 of experience in a comparable environment;
- Preferably familiar with the tools: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Git, TICS, Sonarqube, VMware, maven/gradle, nexus/artifactory;
- Preferably familiar with the languages Python, Bash, Perl and human languages English.
- Team player: accessible and keen on sharing knowledge and responsibility;
- Service oriented mindset;
- Good task switcher;
- Open for the broad perspective of an issue (or solution): identify both positive and negative consequences of a solution; seeing out-of-the-box solutions;
- Pragmatic: creating short-term solutions without losing long-term maintainability;
- Stress resistant: staying calm when pressure increases.
Context of the position
As toolsmith you are responsible for the Continuous Integration (CI) service of ASML’s Business Line Applications, Wafer Fab Applications (BL-APPS-WFA). The CI is used by the developer community to build, test, package, deploy their latest checked in software and install it on testbenches automatically. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team that owns a build farm running various tools (Atlassian tools and Jenkins) to make the CI a success. You will maintain the quality check setup (TiCs, Sonarqube) so the developers’ software quality can be measured and ensured to be good.