Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group within ASML is responsible for the environment (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
Design and implementation of IT infrastructure. This role involves taking ownership by writing designs, implementing, testing, and delivering high quality infrastructure solutions. This is done in close co-operation with the development team, customers, and project manager. ASML infrastructure is based on Linux, Windows and Solaris, mainly configured and managed using puppet.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Formal education should include HBO or Academic level education in Computer Science (or related field) and a minimum of 1 year puppet development experience (must). Also the candidate is well acquainted with software development and has relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
From a personal perspective, the candidate is flexible and accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
Other required knowledge:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and higher versions;
- Develop a complex puppet code base;
- Scripting languages: Perl, Ruby and different Shell languages e.g. ksh, tcsh, sh, bash;
- Strong documenting capabilities (technical designs and runbooks);
- Good command of English
The candidate should have as a plus knowledge in at least two of below areas:
- General software development;
- Knowledge of test driven development;
- Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Management with tools such as Splunk and SCOM;
- Knowledge of Windows server 2008, 2012;
- Knowledge and experience with several Enterprise Directory Services (LDAP, Kerberos, AD);
- Base knowledge of storage, network and database solutions.