€ 70,000 - € 80,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For the innovative and modern IT department at DAF (ITD) there is a challenging opportunity as a software engineer.
For the development of several extensions to the existing PACCAR Parts’ high-end e-commerce platform we need a medior/senior software engineer who is capable to build high quality solutions based on a combination of functional designs and existing software.
The extensions currently being built in to the e-commerce platform include the insourcing of a loyalty and coupon scheme, data mining assisted lead generation, integration with several logistics providers to create custom shipping options, track & trace, etc.
The existing solution is a highly integrated, N-tier, .NET MVC, cloud based PaaS solution using some of the latest resources including Azure Search, Power BI embedded, and Azure Functions next to more traditional components like SQL, WCF, BizTalk, Service Bus etc.
The engineer will work on site in a small agile SCRUM team close to the business and is expected to be innovative, independent, and committed to creating quality solution for the business that matter.
- Development environment (including workstation) will be available;
- Working on site at DAF in Eindhoven.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
The NVH&Validation group consists of two teams. One team does noise and vibration measurements of heavy-duty diesel engines in research and development. The other team attends long-term engine endurance tests followed by detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts after the test. Goal of these endurance tests is to gain confidence about the reliability and durability of the engine under service conditions.
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions;
- Visual Studio 2017 (.NET framework 4.5)
- C# 6.0
- ASP.NET MVC 5.0 (min. 2 years’ experience in MVC)
- CSS, HTML, Bootstrap
- SQL Server
- Unit Testing
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Azure PaaS
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) hands on experience
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)/Git
Primary skills, that you must have:
- Programming (technical design + coding)
- Analytical skills
- Good communication (being able to challenge)
- SOLID hands on experience
- Scrum hands on experience
- Software Security hands on experience