€ 70,000 - € 80,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you an engineer with knowledge of engines and test engineering? This might be the right position for you! Period from now till June 2019, fulltime position, part-time is negotiable.
The Software Centre needs a senior software engineer, for maintenance and new applications. These applications are MES applications, client-server applications (mostly using databases), web and SharePoint applications. This person must be able to:
- Design and build high quality solutions based on functional designs and current architecture;
- Diagnose problems and solve issues;
- Quickly understand the technical domain and its pitfalls;
- Work closely with architects, developers/designers and information analysts;
- Work in both traditional and agile projects.
- Design and build software;
- Test software (unit- and integration testing)
- Other Development environment (including workstation) will be available
Working on site at DAF ITD Eindhoven
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
The NVH&Validation group consists of two teams. One team does noise and vibration measurements of heavy-duty diesel engines in research and development. The other team attends long-term engine endurance tests followed by detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts after the test. Goal of these endurance tests is to gain confidence about the reliability and durability of the engine under service conditions.
Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation;
Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
Good pension scheme;
Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
An open culture and clear communication;
A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Bachelor IT level and approximately 5 years’ experience;
- Primary technologies (is a must):
C# 6 (m)
.NET 4.5 / 4.6 (m)
MVC 4 / 5 (m)
WCF (both client - and server side) (m)
SQL Server 2014 / 2016 (m)
Unit testing (MS-Fakes) (pre)
MSI (Install Shield) (pre)
TFS / VSTS (pre)
- Skills coding:
Communicative (being able to challenge)
Sense of responsibility