Secondment via YER
Consultancy & HR
About this vacancy
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world!
The Engineering IT Architect will be working on projects as a technical expert or internal consultant. He or she must be able to provide technical leadership to cross-functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation solutions into the ASML engineering IT environment.. Create, research and development of Engineering IT services. He or she works in close cooperation with Domain Architects, Subject Matter Experts and Project Leads.
- When working as an Engineering IT Architect you will have the opportunity to support multidisciplinary teams in defining improvement proposal and supporting IT architecture;
- Focus on multidisciplinary engineering processes;
- Translate business process problems into engineering IT solutions;
- Drive and define IT internal standards and solutions supporting above.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT CCP (Competence Centre Product); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML. IT CCP supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Engineering IT Architect will be active in the electrical engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager EEI of the IT CCP department.
You will be part of the CCP-EEI team consisting of more than 25 people. The engineering IT environment is used by more than 5000 development engineers, worldwide. Starting in this position means that you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests;
- Investigate and architect solutions for non-standard changes for supported Engineering IT Services, in the Electrical Engineering area and for generic D&E IT services. This includes initial Business Process Analysis;
- Participate as Architect in D&E related projects, setup engineering IT requirements, designs and implementations;
- Define solutions and improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Advice and consultation of infrastructure improvements.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Education: Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience as IT Architect;
- Experience with Business Process Analysis, and translating this to IT solutions (Requirements);
- Ability to document, validate, challenge business requirements and translate them into functional IT specifications;
- Ability to document processes (“As Is” & “To Be”) and to assist development of a business case (incl. a breakdown of the IT cost);
- Knowledge of IT solutions, based both on Linux and Windows platforms;
- Experience with IT Infrastructure design/administration;
- Experience with Architectural frameworks like TOGAF and describing architecture with Archimate is a pre;
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes is a pre.
- Highly motivated team player;
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality;
- Technical leading skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer/user;
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language.