€ 40,000 - € 60,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you want to accelerate the creation of the Internet of Things and the dramatic impact it will have on the economy, science and society as a whole? Do you believe that it’s not connected devices themselves that are game changing, but the services and experiences they deliver?
Are you interested in digging deep into “small data” as well as “big data” to deliver meaningful insights on consumers and medical professionals? Do you want to work in innovative projects in the domains of healthcare, lifestyle and connected products comprising mobile and web solutions? This might be the job you are looking for!
You will be one of the cloud developers that form a team tailored for a specific mission. You contribute to fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development, by applying deep engineering knowledge of the most relevant coding platforms and standards, in combination with proven Agile collaboration methods and test-driven development.
As Data Engineering Developer in the Cloud engineering group, you will:
- Maintain our data analytics infra-structure and extend it based on new requirements
- Work closely with our Data Scientists team and support them in the generation of metrics and insights about our businesses
- Integrate third-party tools to allow the collection of data from different sources
- Promote good coding practices and provide technical guidance to more junior staff
Philips aims to improve the lives of 3 billion people by 2025. To accomplish this goal, Philips is revolutionizing the way we look at healthcare systems by delivering innovation across the continuum of care. In this role, you will work on connected digital propositions that span all Philips businesses, driving programs that address healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care. You will collaborate closely with people from different cultural backgrounds, located all over the world, as if they were sitting next to you.
Our user-centred connected propositions contain re-usable components, within an increasingly open ecosystem. They also use current connectivity standards and cloud services. In short, they empower people. The Philips Connected Digital Propositions team of which you will be a part helps deliver best-in-class, end-to-end solutions. These include connected hardware, appliances, medical devices and wearables, and leading mobile apps across all major OS platforms. The team also develops various back-end cloud systems that integrate with these propositions.
The team works according to Agile principles, following SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) processes. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-their-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mind-set is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working and yourself. The world does not run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favour.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in software development using Java or comparable language
- Extensive hands-on experience with Python, RedShift and S3 Lifecycle Event Policies
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud architecture and all aspects of it: microservices, APIs, Message Queues, SQL, NoSQL, distributed services, performance, REST, JSON, etc.
- Experience in coding best practices, such as Test-Driven Development
- Experience in Spark, Cloud Foundry, Scala and/or Go are a plus