Depending on knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
For our client DAF Trucks we are recruiting an experienced Functional Safety Engineer, with knowledge of the ISO26262 regulations and processes.
The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible to define and design the Functional Safety Concept of different vehicle functions (cabin-, powertrain-, and chassis-related) according to ISO26262, captured in separate deliverables (Item Definition, HARA, Functional Safety Concept).
Your main tasks will be to design the Safety Concept together with the function designers. Responsibilities:
- You actively gather stakeholder requirements, perform analyses, define and document the design
- You are a strong analytical thinker with practical experience and the ability to see the bigger picture
- You will develop a vision and strategy w.r.t. Functional Safety tools and processes within the department and develop, maintain and share knowledge and knowhow, keeping pace with both internal and external (innovative) developments
- You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These control concepts are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A Functional Safety Engineer:
- Has at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be familiar with process as described in ISO26262
- BSc or MSc background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain
- Has an analytical mind
- Must be able to do in-depth analyses while maintaining a high level overview
- Easily and actively approaches different stakeholders and be the connecting element
- Has experience with Matlab/Simulink and IBM Doors Requirements Management Tool or similar
- Can fluently speak and write Dutch and English