€ 50,000 - € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
This Eindhoven based company has an installed base of hundreds of scanner systems worldwide. In order to meet uptime contract agreements the system downtime must be kept to an absolute minimum. The traditional way to diagnose a system failure is to send engineers to a failing machine and let them execute the diagnostics and calibration procedures using a set of procedures and software tools.
This way-of-working introduces travel time and relies on the skills of individual engineers.
The company is about to change that way of working by introducing a server on-site that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer domain.
The server must detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed via a knowledge and procedure database. In the calibration phase, this server will initiate the required service actions on the scanner with correct settings and timings (which is highly configuration dependant). The software running on that server will be JEE based. Core aspects of the design will be database management and information distribution (worldwide), performance efficient data collection schemes and data to information transitions. A team of architects has been working out the high-level concepts and some parts of the software are being build and tested now. PC based Java versions are available and now to be migrated to client-server. The team needs to scale up with 2 or more developers/engineers that have profound JEE knowledge and are eager to become part of this product development team.
- Support the architects in the translation from high-level design to work-break down
- Writing and updating detailed Element Design Specification Documents
- Code development in JEE
- Interface Design between JAVA EE modules and when needed the companies factory SAP environment
- Define test strategies and if needed execution of software tests, set-up (automated) testing
The company is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. There are working over 19.000 people worldwide, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Eindhoven. The employees share the passion for technology with a customer focus. Here one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working here is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful, the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
You will be employed by YER and work at the client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master's Degree or PhD/PDEng in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Commercial experience with Java EE 7 or 8
- Design Patterns in Java
- Spring or CDI
- Experience with BitBucket/Stash, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with configuration management with Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with REST and SOAP/Web Services (JAX-RS and JAX-WS respectively)
- Experience with Java application servers and/or JEE servers, any of:
- JBoss (a.k.a Wildfly)
- IBM Websphere
- BEA/Oracle Web Logic
- Apache Tomcat or TomEE