€ 50,000 - € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you want to play an important role in reshaping software architecture to facilitate seamless implementation of the metrology functions in software? Do you want contribute to highly advanced and extremely complex Metrology systems and push boundaries, set new standards and make the impossible, possible – every day? Do you possess technical leadership and can you influence your stakeholders to deploy software architecture changes and development methods? Then this is the next step in your career!
Metrology software orchestrates the behaviour of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy!
As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, they also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design, realize and integrate high-quality software engineering solutions, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Breakdown complex software problems into implementable chunks
- Manage, collect and challenge software requirements
- Ensure and improve software quality
- Establish a long-term software vision and a short-term roadmap to reach it
- (Technically) lead a team of engineers and/or sub-function architects
- Look beyond the scope of your own software (cluster) and align on external interfaces and company-wide software concerns
- At a high-level, understand the scanner and its concepts, at a detailed level, understand the role your software plays in the scanner and the impact it has on the customer
- Speak the language of the engineers as well as the language of 'functional designers', system engineering, marketing and customer support. Bridge the gap between them
The company is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. There are working over 19.000 people worldwide, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Eindhoven. The employees share the passion for technology with a customer focus. Here one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working here is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful, the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
You will be employed by YER and work at the client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master's Degree or PhD/PDEng in Computer Science, System Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as a software architect
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience with object oriented design patterns
- Requirements engineering
- Experience with Software Version Control (Git/SVN/Rational ClearCase)
- Knowledge/experience with C/C++