Contract with client
About this vacancy
Are you a highly qualified expert in semiconductor process technology specialized on overlay, wanting to enhance customer satisfaction and influence new product development? This job enables you to drive your career within ASML.
As a Senior Application Engineer in the Customer Support (CS) Applications Engineering department your main goal will be to have satisfied customers. You will achieve this through proactively providing customized applications solutions and creating value with ASML products and services that enable our partners’ technology & manufacturing roadmaps. These partners will not just be global ASML customers using ASML machines, but will also be other ASML departments. By leveraging your analytical skills, your knowledge of a manufacturing environment and your network of contacts within ASML, you will provide the consultancy services needed to fine-tune the equipment and the process in order to obtain maximum performance. Apart from the technical focus, you’ll also be involved in developing junior engineers by actively guiding team members in their technical and soft skill growth.
You will be one of the key experts in the application team supporting two major consultancy roles.
Firstly, in this position you’ll play a crucial role in the introduction of new products, ensuring delivery of application and customer specific requirements, including educating on-site service/support engineers about ASML’s latest products.
You are liaison to our customers, being able to oversee customer’s technology development from research to volume from an overlay perspective. Simultaneously also having an eye on lithographic imaging or productivity aspects affecting overlay performance. As a highly skilled communicator, you’ll also be responsible for training ASML engineers present at customer sites ensuring that they can provide continued support. Particularly, the introduction of next-generation lithography equipment will pose significant challenges. The job includes working together with various levels of internal ASML experts, such as Product Development Managers, System Engineers and Projects Leads in Veldhoven, as well as Application Managers in the worldwide field.
Secondly, you’ll lead ASML engineers to satisfy direct customer needs. You’ll steer them to make sure that our systems perform to their maximum capability, enabling customer to achieve their challenging goals. It will also be part of your responsibility to grow junior engineers.
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, we also expect you to:
- Oversee performance improvement activities with significant business impact in a complex environment in cooperation with customer;
- Translate the results into improvement requirements for ASML’s products, define supplemental or enhanced ways of working, find opportunities for new or superior products driving ASML business;
- Identify potential for revenue generation and promote/evaluate ASML solutions at the customer;
- Contribute your acquired knowledge of customer technology requirements to new development projects;
- Travel internationally (up to 30%) to provide tailor-made support to our customers.
Context of the position
You will be based in ASML HQ in the Netherlands and from there you will support our colleagues worldwide. ASML’s CS sector ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel in countries such as USA, South Korea and Taiwan and undertaking specialist engineering work at customer sites. Within CS the Applications Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines in the customer’s production process.
As an Application Engineer, you will report directly to one of the CS Applications Engineering department group leaders.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- PhD or MSc in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar engineering degree.
- Either 4-6 years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on lithography and specializing on overlay;
- In-depth knowledge on optimizing overlay, i.e. on areas like on-product overlay, wafer-alignment, process control, lens heating impact on overlay, etc.;
- Strong affinity to sharing knowledge and to coaching junior engineers;
- Preferably with experience in supporting readiness of a next technology node for high volume manufacturing including experience in customer interaction or customer service role.
- Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely, high-quality solutions;
- Strong focus on customer intimacy and ability to manage customer relationships;
- Able to build/strengthen network within ASML HQ and throughout the worldwide CS organization;
- Fast learner and reacting adequately to new situations and changing demands;
- Empower team members by respecting and valuing them, sharing relevant information via open dialogue;
- The ability to organize, initiate and drive, and influence based on inspiration, motivation and expertise;
- The ability to clearly communicate your tailor-made message to various audiences in spoken & written English.